top of page

Immigration & Visa Services 

Our team of lawyers specialise in providing international students with advice on their visa options and pathways to permanent residency in Australia.


We can advise you on the steps you can take to maximise your visa options. Importantly, the course you study may impact upon your future visa choices.  Choosing a course that leads to a qualification on the skilled occupation list means you may be eligible to apply for a working visa or graduate visa.


The Australian government regularly updates the list of eligible skilled occupations in a legislative instrument. The current legislative instrument for temporary graduate visa includes wide and varied occupations and skill sets such as carpenters, chefs, urologists, musicians and economists.


The Department of Home Affairs currently processes three streams of the Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485):

  • Graduate work steam

  • Post-study work stream; and

  • Second post study work stream.


Choosing the right stream for your circumstances is important because you will not be able to change visa streams after you apply.


Getting advice early means you will know the visa possibilities open to you and will maximise your options.

Read our full article on more about visa options and PR pathways.  


We understand that plans change and sometime students need to defer or extend the details of their planned study. Particularly in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, some students’ circumstances have changed.  Keeping a valid visa and meeting your visa obligations is vital if you intend to build a life in Australia. We can be your advocate and assist you in dealing with your education provider, the Department of Education and the Department of Home Affairs.

Contact us for advice on visa options and immigration pathways.  We can assist you with visa amendments, graduate visas, permanent residency visas and AAT challenges.  

bottom of page